SALTEX is the UK’s national event for grounds-care, turf, sports, amenities, leisure facilities, estates and green space management. Taking place at Windsor Racecourse from 2-4th September 2014, it’s free to visit with free parking for all. Register as a visitor in advance at www.iogsaltex.com.
From fine turf care and specialist machinery to landscaping and playgrounds, more than 200 SALTEX exhibitors bring the latest products, equipment and expertise to Windsor Racecourse for three days of live demonstrations and business.
Exhibitors display the latest in machinery, power and hand tools, vehicles, sports surfaces, health and safety, security, seeds and soils, turf and treatments, playgrounds, education, and training.
The SALTEX Education Programme sessions are free to attend and cover the practical issues you face day-to-day, with some offering accredited CPD points. Topics include:
• Turf science – open debates on low-budget maintenance, managing compaction, understanding soil testing, irrigation/water management, aeration & fertilisation
• BIGGA – integrated turf management, using social media & the impact of Wimbledon
• Bowling greens – increasing speeds
• The control of pests, weeds & diseases in the amenity sector
• Funding advice
• Tree planning and establishment
• IOG Young Groundsmen’s Conference
• Play equipment safety standards
Award-winning groundstaff, from amateur clubs to iconic sporting venues, are also on hand to offer free sports-turf management advice. The Ask The Experts team will include Wimbledon’s Neil Stubley, Twickenham’s Keith Kent, West Ham’s Dougie Robertson and ECB Pitches Consultant Chris Wood as well as IOG award-winning groundsmen from both professional and amateur sport.
If you’re in the business or grounds or pitch care, then SALTEX is the must-attend event in the calendar for you. Please visit www.iogsaltex.com for more information.